page

Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Bee Meets Her Great Grandparents :)

This past weekend we drove 170 miles to Indian Wells to take Ailbe to meet her Great Grandparents! Yes, you heard it right GREAT! Maybe this is so special to me because I never had this opportunity when I was born and I am so happy for Ailbe that she does. The entire weekend was just so remarkable. Ailbe's great grandpa Jerry is 95 years old. GG Jerry has accomplished a great deal in his life including being a world war veteran and a city manager of Glendale. He is a truly amazing man and he is a sharp as can be at 95 (his memory is better than JJ's!). GG Mary is 91 years old. She is an amazing artist (much of her art is placed around their home) and is a true example of femininity.

While on our trip we visit the Riverwalk and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. We toured around the city and we visited Shield's Date Farm! Let's just say I had forgotten how much I do like dates! After one date milkshake, two date samples and a loaf of walnut date bread, I'm pretty much in love with this place!!!

GG Keithley's were such wonderful hosts. We stayed in their "casida". We were treated like guests of honor with homemade lunches and snacks. GG Mary was such a wonderful host, she truly made us feel at home. On this trip Ailbe had her first experience with the pool. She loved it so much, but it proved to be a little to chilly for her (pictures to come).

Both GG's loved baby Bee. They enjoyed her little smiles, giggles and raspberry noises she's currently making a lot of. We have taken many pictures that we will share and will cherish forever.

I left our trip feeling inspired. After watching a 95 year old man open the car door for his 91 year old wife, I was reminded that love can last a lifetime and beyond. I have come away from this weekend reminded that family is so important and telling each person who you love that you do, is vital. I can't fully explain it but, I came away feeling blessed for many reasons. Blessed that Ailbe had this experience, blessed that we had this experience, blessed to spend time with such wonderful family and blessed to have such love in our lives.

I hope we can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment